Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Metal Steve Reviews Tetris

Today I thought I would bring with me a METAL REVIEW of a game that everyone has probably played. No, not Pac Man! No, not Grand Theft Auto! haha! The game I'm talking about that everyone has probably played is called Tetris. Even old people and little kids have played Tetris. But did you know the secret history of how Tetris was made? You might think "Hey Steve what are you talking about here?" but I bet you didn'tk now that it was made in the U.S.S.R. back in the 1980s! I know all the trivia! haha! Read my METAL REVIEW my faithful fans, and you will be blown away by this amazing game!

I promised you that I'd tell you the secret history of Tetris and that is what I'm going to do. Are you ready? "CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?" LIke I said before the game was made in the U.S.S.R. We might be friends with Russia now but did you know there was a time when Russia was our enemy? That is whey they were called U.S.S.R. The leader of Russia was at war with the United States and they built lots of weapons to get the United States if we ever attacked. We built lots of weapons too, including "nuclear bombs" that could wipe out the entire planet! It was a scary time! It's a good thing I can't remember much of it thanks to all the beer I was drinking! haha!

Let me move on with my tale. OK there was one guy in Russia who wasn't our enemy. I can't remember his name, but I think it was Vladamir or Andre. Soemthing like that. I don't know because I don't speak Russian! haha! But he cared about peace and instead of building weapons, he made a peaceful game called Tetris. But Tetris was stuck behind "THE IRON CURTAIN" until Nintendo stepped in and told the guy "Whoa! This game is awesome! We want to put this on our new system called The Gameboy." The guy probably sent a demo to Nintendo or something. Maybe he was like "Hey guys, I made this game you might like. Please get me out of the U.S.S.R. because it sucks so bad here!" haha So the maker of Tetris agreed to sell his game to Nintendo and the rest is history.

Everyone in the world knows how to play Tetris but I will tell you just in case you are that one person who hasn't played the game. But if that is true then why are you reading Metal Steve's Game Riffs? This place is for hard core games only! Get out of here! haha! No don't worry I'm just kidding. I'm glad you are here but you should play Tetris! Tetris is a simple game that is hard to master. You have to move falling blocks and form lines. If you make 4 lines at once you get a lot of points because you just made a "TETRIS." I don't know what the word Tetris means because I don't speak Russian but I think it means PUZZLE in Russian. That is my guess. Don't look at me if I'm wrong though. No guarantees! The only Metal Steve guarantee here is that the game is awesome and you will like it so you should play it!

Tetris is the world's most popular game and is the number one game in Russia. Now that you have read my METAL REVIEW you know why Tetris is so special. It is becasue one man care dabout peace so much that Tetris was made and is so special. And Nintendo were nice enough to step in and say "Hey this game is awesome let's put it on The Gameboy!" and saved the maker of Tetris from a horrible life in the U.S.S.R. There have been thousands of versions of Tetris and there will be thousands more and I'm okay with that because the game is so awesome! That is all for this time, so this is Metal Steve bidding you a fond arewell. Remember as Metal Steve says, "BLOCKS NOT BOMBS ARE THE WAY TO PEACE!" Later!

No comments: