Monday, March 24, 2008

Metal Steve Reviews Geometry Wars Galaxies

Hey everyone! It's time for another METAL REVIEW and here to give you the goods is yours truly, Metal Steve! Today I want to tell you about an absoultely incredible game that you may not have heard of before. It is called Geometry Wars Galaxies for the Nintendo Wii. But before I tell you about the game I thought I'd update you about Eric, the drummer for my band Mighty Talon. If you remember last time I told you about how Eric forgot how to drum and was in danger of being kicked out of Mighty Talon unless he remembered how to drum. I went into practice the next day and said "Hey Eric, what's wrong? Did your hymen break yet?" haha! Eric got so angry that he started pounding on his drums in anger but it made him remember how to drum! He was like, "Thanks Steve! Now I won't be kicked out of Mighty Talon!" I thought you would all appreciate that story if you like happy endings. Plus, I'm not mad any longer! haha!

OK let's get down to business. Geometry Wars was originally a game for the Xbox-360 but Nintendo stole it and put it on the Nintendo Wii. They called the company that makes Geometry Wars and said "How about putting it on our system? You can even sell it on a disc!" This was what made the guys who make Geometry Wars make a game for the Nintendo Wii. Microsoft made them put it out on the Internet only, so people had to download it. But on the Nintendo Wii they could put it on a disc and sell it in stores, which means more money. Everyone likes money! haha! So they made a new game called Geometry Wars Galaxies for the NIntendo Wii and the rest is history.

Now that you know why it's on the Nintendo Wii and not the Xbox-360, we can talk about if the game is even any good or not. "WAS IT WORTH THE WAIT?" Yes it was! You probably would think the game is sucky if you saw the graphics because it looks like Asteroids or something. But let me tell you something. This game uses all of the power of the Nintendo Wii. You might say "Hey Steve, it's just a bunch of lines!" but you're wrong. Lik ethe name implies Geometry Wars Galaxies uses geometry to run the game. But don't think it's like the geometry class you took in high school. Hey, I failed that class too! haha! But it doesn't matte rif you are good at math or not. It's just geometry that the game makers used to build the game. But it's super difficult geometry that even the top math expert couldn't do! If the top math expert saw the game being made they'd probably be like "Whoa even I can't do that!" haha! But lucky for us the Nintendo Wii can do math so well that it can run Geometry Wars Galaxies.

I said Geometry Wars Galaxies kind of looks like Asteroids and that's pretty much the type of game this is. You control a ship and just blast all kinds of bad guys and try to get the top score. The game is called Geometry Wars Galaxies because you travel through the galaxy and blast all kinds of differnet enemies in each galaxy. Every galaxy has different music and colors, so you never get bored. Can you get the top score? Here's a Metal Steve tip. I kind of don't want to tell you because I don't want you to beat my score, but I'm a nice guy what can I say? haha! Are you ready? Here it is. Go get a classic controller for the Nintendo Wii. It's easier to control your ship and blast enemies that way. But don't go beating my score becuase I'll be mad at you! haha! No I'm just kidding. Go ahead and see if you have what it takes to beat the mighty METAL STEVE. No pretenders to the throne will be spared! haha!

I hope you enjoyed reading my METAL REVIEW of Geometry Wars Galaxies for the Nintendo Wii. Before reading my review you might have said "What game is that?" but now I hope you go out and buy it. But just don't expect to beat my score unless you've got what it takes. Did I mention that you can up load your scores via the Nintendo WiFi connection and see how you compete with the players from across the world? That is a really awesome feature but you have to have wireless internet in your home. Since I'm a tech guru you can bet that I have that! haha! Maybe you can up load yours core and see if you can compete with METAL STEVE. Just don't go crying to your mom if you find out I've crushed your best score! haha! OK my faithful fans, until next time this is Metal Steve saying farewell. As Metal Steve says, "EVEN IF YOU HATE MATH SOMETIMES IT CAN BE USED FOR GOOD." Later!

No comments: