Thursday, March 20, 2008

Metal Steve Reviews Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games

After my reviews of Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis you might be saying to yourself, "Wow! This guy only likes older games. I wonder if he even knows about the new games!" haha! But don't worry my faithful fans because Metal Steve is a real gamer and plays everything, even the new games that you may not have heard of befroe. My newest METAL REVIEW is about Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games which is out on the Nintendo Wii. I can't admit that I really liked this game but keep reading and you will see why.

Let me first give some history on why this game was even made. Sony and Microsoft both have really powerful systems out called the Playstation3 and the Xbox-360 and Nintendo has a system called The Nintendo Wii that is not as powerful. So NIntendo knew they had to do something special. They called Sega and were like, "Hey guys, we need your help to take down the competition. You know what that means, it's time to team up with our two best characters and take down the competition!" So Sega and Nintendo formed a team and put Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario in the same game. They decided to make it an Olympics game because that is the most popular thing in the world and everyone loves the Olympics. They were like, "What can we do to make sure this is a game that can topple Playstation3 and Xbox-360? Set it at the Olympics!"

OK now that we have the history of the game ou tof the way, it is time to move onto my METAL REVIEW of the game. I don't really like the game because it is pretty much just swinging the controller really fast to get first in running races and swimming. It gets kind of tiring and my arms hurt. So I don't really like that. There was a game for the Nintendo Entertaniment System called "TRACK AND FIELD" that made you push the buttons really fast in order to win races, but that was more fun than swinging the controller back and forth. I know you're probably saying "Hey Steve you're just lazy" but I assure you that it's not just because it's tiring that I don't like it. It's because it's just not fun. And that's a Metal Steve promise, which is as good as gold!

My girlfriend Samantha likes Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games a lot and that is the one reason why I keep the game in my collection. I would trade it and get something more my style but no, my girlfriend likes it and plays it a lot. But that's OK because when she plays the gaem and shakes really fast I like watching her. "If you know what I mean!" wink! haha! She had a couple friends from work over and they played it and I was just sitting and drinking a beer while watching them and thinking to myself "Now I see why Nintendo and Sega made this game! Perverts!" haha! But hey, can you blame them? Samantha doesn't like to play games that much but when she plays Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games I just sit back and thinking "AWESOME!"

So that is Metal Steve's METAL REVIEW of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. If you're a hard core gamer like me you probably will not like it but if you have a girlfriend she will probably like it and you will like watching her shake the controller. haha! So until next time, this is Metal Steve signing off. Remember. As Metal Steve says: "SOMETIMES IT'S MORE FUN TO WATCH THAN PLAY!" haha! Later!

No comments: