Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Metal Steve Reviews Sonic the Hedgehog

Welcome to my review of the Sega Genesis classic Sonic the Hedgehog! I wanted to start my reviews off right with something awesome and I said to myself, "Hey Steve, what game would be perfect for the first review?" It didn't take long for me to realize the answer was crystal clear. Sonic the Hedgehog for Sega Genesis it is. So sit back and get ready for Metal Steve's METAL REVIEW of Sonic the Hedgehog!

Sonic the Hedgehog came out when I was still just a kid. The story goes like this. At the time when Sonic the Hedgehog came out Sega was in a fierce battle with Nintendo to see what game system was the best. Nintendo was winning because Mario was so popular. The guys at Sega knew they had to come up with something special so they created the Sonic the Hedgehog who is the fastest game characte rof all time. See, Mario was kind of slow but Sonic the Hedgehog is so fast that Sega had to make a special chip for the Sega Genesis that allowed the game to be so fast called "Blast Processing." Man I wish Sega put "Blast Processing" in the Dreamcast because that's probably why it didn't beat the Playstation2!

OK, now let's get on with the review! The moment you all have been waiting for! haha! So Sonic the Hedgehog came out and it was so original and awesome that it made the Sega Genesis win the system war with Nintendo. Sonic the Hedgehog has incredible graphics that were the best people had ever seen at the time. If you look back now you might say, Hey Steve these graphics aren't all that great! I know I know, but at the time they were the best people had ever seen. You've got to remember that this was before games coudl do "3D" so for a "2D" game Sonic the Hedgehog was amazing. Also, it was fast, the fastest game people had ever played. It had a lot of neat enemies to fight including the evil Dr. Robotnick who you had to face at the end of ever level. Let me just summarize by saying that Sonic the Hedgehog's awesome graphics and speed made it beat Mario and Nintendo!

Wow!Writing about Sonic the Hedgehog brings back so many memories! haha! I can still remember that title screen where Sonic the Hedgehog comes out of the circle and waves his finger at you. I always thought he was saying I was naughty or something, like he was disapointed in me. "Hey Steve I know about the Penthouses you have stashed under the bed. You better hope I don't tell your Mom!" haha!

OK guys that is my METAL REVIEW of Sonic the Hedgehog for SEga Genesis. I hope you liked reading it as much as I liked writing it. If you have a Sega Genesis and you don't have Sonic the Hedgehog you should get it and play it. The games that came after it, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehg 3, Sonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles are all also really good and worth playing. You should just get them all! haha! So until next time this is Metal Steve signing off. Remember! As Metal Steve says, "NOBODY CAN CATCH THE FASTEST ON THE PLANET!" Later!

No comments: