Sunday, March 23, 2008

Metal Steve Reviews Bonk's Adventure

Before I start telling you about Bonk's Adventure I have to get something out of the way. I'm in a really bad mood today and I don't want you to think it's your fault. It would suck if you were reading this and were saying "Whoa Steve. Waht's wrong? Why are you so mad at me? I'm just reading your METAL REVIEW of Bonk's Adventuer, I didn't do anything wrong!" haha! No my loyal fans, do not worry. I'm not mad at you. It's my stupid drummer Eric. Somehow Eric forgot how to play drums. It's so weird. At our band practice tonight Eric suddenly was playing like he was special ed or something. I'm sorry that wasn't so "PC" but that's how he sounded! haha! I was like "Hey Eric! What's happening!" but he told me "Steve I don't know what's wrong I can't play!" I told Eric he needs to shape up or he's out of Mighty Talon. I don't accept anything but the very best. That's why my reviews are the way they are. I expect the very best and give the very best as well! That's a Mighty Steve promise. When you read my reviews yo can bet that they are the best there are to offer. I put my word on it, and nothing is more sacred than that. Now let's get onto the review of Bonk's Adventure! Without further delay my fans, here is my METAL REVIEW of Bonk's Adventure for the Turbo-grafx 16!

Sega has Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo has Mario. YOu heard of the Sega Genesis and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, but did you know there was a third system back then that also had a mascot? That system was the Turbo-grafx 16 from a company called NEC. I'm not sure what NEC stands for because it's something in Japanese and I don't speak Japanese, but they tried to bring out a system to compete with Sega and Nintendo. Too bad for NEC their system was a complete failure and they went out of business because they got crushed by Sega and Nintendo. The Turbo-grafx 16 was supposed to have the most powerful graphics available here's a secret nobody knows about. It didn't because it wasn't a real 16-bit system like the Sega Genesis and "SNES." But even though the Turbo-grafx 16 was an imposter in t he system wars it did bring out a mascot that was popular despite the system being a failure. That character was named Bonk. He was a caveman who used his head to smash dinosaurs that stood in his way!

So now that I've given you the history of the Turbo-grafx 16, let's move on and talk about Bonk's Adventure. Bonk's Adventure for Turbo-grafx 16 is a pretty good game, but it failed against Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog. But being a true gamer I must point out that I still played it and enjoyed it. I mastered the game and finished it too many times to count, so you can even call me the "BONK'S ADVENTURE EXPERT." What you did in Bonk's Adventure is go through pre-historic levels and use your head to headbutt enemies. All the enemies are dinosaurs although some of them look like men so maybe they were cavemen too! haha!

The graphics and sound in Bonk's Adventure are pretty good, but compared to Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog they were not as good. You can't compete with 16-bits of power when you don't have that much. Remember that I explained already how bits are like horsepower. Bonk's Adventure is like a junky old car racing against a Ferrari. You just can't win! And don't worry, I know a thing or two about cars. There's no way a Ferrari can lose against a junky old car, and that is how Bonk's Adventure was. It might have been fun to drive, but if you can drive a Ferrari as well why bother? haha!

Now you might be saying "Hey Steve, why did you bother playing Bonk's Adventure if Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario World are better?" Good question! It's because I play everything. I think it's my duty to play a lot of games so I can report my reviews to my fans and friends. It's like those guys that review movies. "METAL STEVE GIVES THIS GAME TWO THUMBS DOWN!" haha! Only Bonk's Adventure isn't that bad. It's more like one thumb up and one to the side. It's good but not great. It has a good graphics and music, but it can't compete with the superior Super Mario World and Sonic the Hegehog.

Now you know why Bonk's Adventure was not as good as the others. It's still a good game. You should try it out of if you have a chance but don't expect it to be as good as Super Mario World or Sonic the Hedgehog. You might like it more if you're really into cavemen and dinosuars or something, even if that's kind of weird! haha! Let me give you a final Metal Steve tip. The Turbo-grafx 16 was called Turbo because the cotnrollers had "turbo switches" that you can turn on and off. If you turn it on in Bonk's Adventure he spins really fast making him invincible. I don't think the makers of the game want that secret to be out but they went out of business so it's not like they can sue me now! haha!

So now you have heard my METAL REVIEW of Bonk's Adventure for Turbo-grafx 16. It's a good game but it's not going to satisfy people who have played Super Mario World or Sonic the Hedgehog, but it's still pretty good. You should try it out if you have a chance but don't go out of your way or antyhing! it's not really worth it! haha! I hope you didn't think I was mad at you during this review either. It's not your fault! It's Eric's for forgetting how to drum. Whatan idiot! haha! OK my faithful fans, until next time this is Metal Steve signing off. As Metal Steve says, "YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A FERRARI SO DON'T BOTHER!" Later!

No comments: