Friday, March 21, 2008

Metal Steve Reviews Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Yesterday you all read my METAL REVIEW of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. You might have said "How can the world handle more than one cross over between Nintendo and Sega!" but get ready to have your mind blown because there is yet another game for the Nintendo Wii that features Super Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog together. That game is called Super Smash Bros. Brawl and it has quickly become the number 1 game ever to be released on the Nintendo Wii. It might even be the number 1 game in history soon. So sit back and relax, because I'm proud to present you with my METAL REVIEW of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii. Like the announcre says in After Burner when your jet is leaving the air craft carrier: "GET READY!" haha!

Let me first give you a history lesson about Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This is not the first or even second game that has come out called Super Smash Bros. It is the third one with the other two being for the Nintendo 64 and the Nintendo Gamecube. A lot of people might say "Hold on! Do I need to play those other ones first because I haven't!" Dont worry! You can play Super Smash Bros. Brawl without ever having play the original two games so there is no problem for both old timers like me and new players that have never held the controller before! But us old timers will probably jsut beat the new players. Sorry that's just the way it goes! haha!

Now don't get confused if you buy the game and Sonic the Hedgehog is not available to select for fighting. See, you have to unlock him in the game. Game companies put secrets into games that us hard core gamers call "unlockables." But maybe Nintendo is still fighting with Sega and that is why Sonic the Hedgehog has to be unlocked. haha! Here's a Metal Steve game tip. The fastest way to unlock Sonic the Hedgehog is by clearing the "Classic Mode" 10 times with 10 different characters. But that's a secret and I don't know if Nintendo wants anyone to know about that! So we'll just keep that betwee you and me. Dont' tell! haha! I don't want to get in trouble for spilling all of Nintendo's deep dark secrets.

Now that you know how to unlock Sonic the Hedgehog I can move on. Let's talk about what this game is exactly. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a fighting game where every single Nintendo character ever created fights in all the Nintendo games ever created. Well almost all of them. Nintendo might have forgot to put some in. Like I said "Hey where's Duck Hunt!" but that's OK because they need to keep something for the next Super Smash Bros. game! haha! Four peole can play at once and to beat the game you have to win the battles by being the best fighter., or "The Last Man STanding" to put it that way! "CAN YOU BEAT THE OTHERS?"

Nintendo knows that everybody likes to play games their own way, so they were nice enough to put not two or three but FOUR different ways to play. Yes you read that right. FOUR ways to play. You can hold the Wii controller three different ways or you can use a Gamecube controller. Dont' worry, though, because they all work well. I like to use a Gamecube controller because that's what work sfor me, but if that's not your thing that's cool! Some people hate the Gamecube and think it's for kids only but those people are idiots! haha!

You might think "Hey Steve, who else can I play as in this game"?" Well I'm glad you were kind enough to ask! You can play as pretty much every Nintendo character you can think of. There's Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, and even some weird ones you might not know about like the dude from Pikmin and the "guy" from Metroid. I put "guy" in quotations because that "He" is really a "She" which is something a lot of people don't know. And here's another Metal Steve secret. You can even play as Solid Snake from the Metal Gear games. But like Sonic the Hedgehog you have to unlock Solid Snake. That's top secret info straight from me to you. And I should tell you the best way to unlock him. Just play the Metal Gear level over and over and soon Solid Snake will be unlocked. You were probably thinking "Why do they have this Metal Gear level in this game? That's crazy!" But now you know! haha. I also like Solid Snake because his game is called METAL GEAR and I love METAL!

I know, I know. I haven't talked about if the game is good or not. Well don't worry, my faithful fans. This game is totally amazing. It has the best graphics on the Nintendo Wii. It's like Nintendo said "Let's pull out all the stops!" and used every single bit availale on the Nintendo Wii. Remember I told you the Super Nintendo Entertainment System or "SNES" as hard core gamers call it was 16-bits? Well prepare to be blown away because the Wii has at least 10 times the amount of bits! That's a lot of horsepower. It might not be as powerful as the Playstaiton3 or Xbox-360 but after playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl you might even say "PLAYSTATION3 WHO?" haha! To summarize, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a dream come true for people who like incredible fighting games.

So there you have it, another METAL REVIEW from your pal Metal Steve. I know you read my reviews because you want the best ther eis, without all the bull that other game reviews give you. I hope I delivered because I think I did! So until next time, this is Metal Steve sighing off on another geniune METAL REVIEW. Don't forget, as Metal Steve says: "ONLY THE TOP WARRIORS WILL BE STANDING AT THE END." Later!

No comments: