Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Metal Steve Reviews Super Mario World

Yesterday I wrote my METAL REVIEW of Sonic the Hedgehog for Sega Genesis. You might have been thinking to yourself "I guess Metal Steve is just a Sega Genesis fan." Wrong! haha! True gamers like myself stick to all systems, not just one so that is why today I am proud to presnet you with my METAL REVIEW of Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I'm going to call it the SNES, because that is what true gamers refer to it as, so don't get confused when I say SNES and think I'm speaking a different language or soemthing. It just stands for Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Super Mario World is a really amazing game that used all 16 bits of the SNES. See, the SNES was known as a "16-bit" game machine. You can think of bits as sort of like horsepower in the car. Like maybe your car has 500 horsepower. Well the SNES had 16 bits of power which might not sound like a lot to you now but at the time it was totally incredible. Some game makers weren't that good and sometimes only used 8 or 10 bits, but the reason Super Mario World is so good is it used not 14, not 15, but all 16 bits the SNES had to offer! Real gamers like mysefl were totally blown away! haha!

The Super Mario games are made by the same guy who made Donkey Kong and every other Nintendo game ever made. I can't remember his name, but he's a genius! He must have told the people at Nintendo, "Hey guys the other company's might only use 10 bits, but we've got to use all 16. We have to go the extra mile for our fans." And that's what they did. Super Mario World is the best game on the SNES. Hands down!

You might be asking, why is the game so good? Well I'm glad you asked! haha! Super Mario World has really great graphics and has special features, like Mario has a cape that allos him to fly high into the air. You can also ride a monster named Yoshi who can eat enemies and spit them back out. As if that wasn't enough, there are a lot of levels and the game will take not hours, but weeks to beat. I spent all Summer playing it back when I was a kid. My mom said, "Hey Steve time for dinner!" and I was like "Not now Mom! I'm playing Super Mario World!" She had to bring my dinner to me on a tray to get my to eat it! haha!

Super Mario World is the reason Nintendo was albe to survive after Sega beat them with the Sega Genesis and Sonic the Hedgehog. If it weren't for Super Mario World Nintendo would have gone out of business and there would be no Nintendo today. So it's a good thing Super Mario World was so awesome or gamers would have missed out on any more Nintendo systems and games!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my METAL REVIEW of Super Mario World for the SNES. I hope I didn't confuse any of you by calling it the SNES but that's what real gamers call it and I'm one of the top real gamers in the world! haha! So until next time, this is Metal Steve signing off. Remember, as Metal Steve says: "DINNER CAN WAIT BUT AWESOME GAMES WAIT FOR NOBODY!" Later!

No comments: